Posted by: J Pick on Fri, Mar 2, 2007
February 27, 2007
Thank you, for providing child care while we attended the Montessori Conference and Centennial Celebration in San Francisco. This event will not occur again within our lifetime. Celebrating 100 years since the opening of the first Montessori School was an incredible moment. Much was gained from this conference and we are hoping your children will reap the benefits.
A few upcoming items to note:
1. We have begun parent observations. Please sign up if you would like to observe either in the classroom or through our window. Following your observation, please leave your notes with us or with Annie in the office, respectively.
2. There will be two days of parent conferences: Friday, March 16th and Tuesday, April 3rd. There is no school on the Friday, but Sheila Young will be having a book fair activity this day (10:30 - 1:30). Children are invited to participate during the conference. School will be in session on Tuesday.
3. Our Book Fair begins on Friday, March 9th with a Pancake Breakfast; 7:30am - 8:30am. Thank you, Sheila, for all your time, creativity, and efforts in providing us with wonderful book fairs.
4. Parent Evening is also on Friday, March 9th. This is the long awaited day when your child will teach you some of the activites on which he/she works on. Children and parents really enjoy this experience. There will be two time slots. 4:00pm - 4:45pm or 4:45pm - 5:30pm.
5. Sadly, we have two children leaving our class and will be moving from the island. Zach Tiefel's last day will be March 15th. The Tiefel's are moving to the Washington D.C. area. Ashley Boykin will be with us until the end of April. The Boykin's are moving to England. We will miss them. Two toddlers will be moving into our class after spring break, Conrad Chadwick and Selena Tausinga. We welcome them.
Miss Kay, Mr. Jeff and Miss Audrey