Posted by: J Pick on Mon, Feb 2, 2009February 2, 2009
A few upcoming events!
1. This Thursday, February 5th is Parents Night. There are two time slots; 4:00 - 4:45 or 4:45 - 5:30. Choose a time slot, see the sign-up sheet and then bring your child to school during this time. Your child will show you around the classoom and give you lessons on some of the activities he/she enjoys working on. This has always been one of the favorite experiences for the children and parents. Hope you can make it.
2. School will be open Feb. 12, 13 and 17th. We hope this does not cause any difficulties. We understand if previous plans have been made on these days and your child needs to miss school.
3. Valentine's Day is approaching. Our class has been working on finding earth friendly ideas to utilize in the classroom. Saving paper is one of the challenges that we are working on right now. In light of this, please do not send in valentines for every child in the class. Instead, I would like each child to bring in one beautiful card that they make. Please DO NOT put individual names on the cards as we will be sharing them during a game. So, your child might give his or her card to any other child. You or your child should, however, write his or her name so that we know who the cards are from. Please bring cards in by February 12th.
4. Thanks for your contributions through Annual Giving.
5. Taste of East Oahu is coming up. This has been a very enjoyable evening the past two years. There are many ways to offer help. Most of the help is needed just for that evening. Please see the sign-up at the parents table. Silent Auction items are welcomed, ticket purchases are also available. Miss Tricia or Miss Kay would be happy to answer any questions.