1. Rally Sunday went well. We have 12 Sunday School registrations, and several folks took forms to return to us on Sunday. We have at least one teacher assigned to each class. We will need backup/co-teachers for Emilee, Bailey and Bryce, but may be able to shuffle things around a bit to cover as needed after we look at the class sizes. Sara Wong will be joining as a teacher, requesting a class under third grade. The classroom space assignment will not change from last year.
PK - Janet and Garret- front classroom of Ohana Lani
K-2 - Renee and Yuriko - back classroom of Ohana Lani
3-4 - Emilee- Ohana Lani lanai
5-6 - Bailey- Ohani Lani main hall
7-8 - Bryce- Ohani Lani loft
9-12 - Michael and Nyki - trailer
Adult Forum - Karen Sisler- Hale Aloha
NOTE - Installation of teachers will be THIS Sunday, September 14, at the 10 AM service. Please try to attend the second service if possible. I'd like to get a group picture to go in the next edition of Calvary Calls to advertise our program, too. Classes will begin at 8:45 on Sunday. If you need anything for your class before then, please let me know!
2. Refreshments needed for Sept 21 between services! All are welcome to contribute.
Fruit, muffins, juice, etc. needed. Pam will plan to tend to the refreshments, with SS registration and Adult Forum info in hand.
3. Adult Forum
Fall Jesus Divine and Human - winter Integrity in the Workplace, spring Reconcilable Differences, summer - various speakers from community.
4. Science & Religion lectures, Thursdays from 7 to 9 pm in Sanctuary, Oct 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov 13, 20
Advertising (Calvary Calls, weekly bulletin insert, newspapers), Ask all your friends and neighbors to come!
Coffee and water will be offered.
5. VBS for 2009 -
Curriculum will be Discovery Canyon from Augsburg Fortress.
Preferred dates July 13 - 17 are on church calendar, including all day Say July 11 for preparation, will confirm dates with Pastor.
Will keep evening/dinner format.
Possible fund raising efforts?
Advertise more to community - ideas?
Will develop budget for 40 students by October meeting.
6. Christmas Trolley -date changed to Dec 11, have 3 trolleys (30 people each) to fill, $12 per person
7. Next meeting date - Wednesday October 1 - 4:30 pm. Pam will also schedule monthly meetings with Pastor Tim, at 11am on the last Tuesday of each month, beginning September 30. Anyone available is welcome to join us!