Posted on Tue, Feb 14, 2017
Calvary-by-the-Sea Lutheran Church
Council of Deacons Meeting
January 19, 2017
1) Call to Order and Roll Call: The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present: Geoff Hamilton, Mary Pat Ashby, Lea Del Castillo, Pat Wong, Paul O. Jones, Kaui Lucas, Jon Osorio, Bryce Harken, and Mike May.Also present: Tom Poole, Momi Martinez
2) Devotions were led by Tom Poole. We spoke of Tom’s visit to his parents and it reminded him of the passage of the paralyzed man, those who carried him, and the crowds around Jesus as well as the lengths they went to allow Jesus to heal them. At times, we carry our friends and help them, and there are times when our friends carry us. Our prayer is for all to be open to grace and accept the help of others.
3) Approval of Minutes from the December 2016 Council Meeting: Lea Del Castillo motioned to approve the minutes and Paul O. Jones seconded. Unanimous
5) New Business
6) Old Business
There was no old business.
7) Adjournment and Closing Prayer: The meeting was adjourned by Geoff Hamilton at 9:07 p.m.
8) Next COD Meeting February 16, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.